Asakusa Kimono Rental: 着物レンタル 蓮-REN in Tokyo Japan

Having shared countless travel moments in Japan on my social media, it's now my blog's turn to recount my cherished day in Japan. This is especially when I rented the Traditional Kimono for the very first time! 



I had an amazing adventure strolling through Tokyo throughout the entire day, wearing traditional Japanese slippers called Uwabaki 上履き, along with exquisite Kimonos. 



My friend Renuka and I started at the Kimono Rental place called 着物レンタル 蓮-REN in the morning for the fitting. Our package includes hairstyling and a full-day rental kimono set (up till the evening), which cost us around 6000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price, I must say. 


We didn't want to let our lovely hairstyles go to waste. If it weren't for the encouragement of Renuka, I probably wouldn't have ventured out on trains and explored different places in my kimono, struggling with that 上履き but it was definitely worthwhile. Haha!



Regrettably, the photographer missed our scheduled time. I suppose communication with photographers in Japan can be slightly different from what we're used to locally, and the arrangements can be a bit challenging. If you're planning to visit Japan and hire a photographer, be sure to confirm and double-confirm everything multiple times to avoid disappointment.


If you like exploring beautiful places for insta-worthy shots, go to this stretch of road near Zojoji Temple, where we took photos with Tokyo Tower in the background. If you're interested, feel free to look it up on the internet.




P.S. Be ready to be a Kimono mascot when you’re there, took so many pictures with random tourists requesting us to be in their photos.




I must mention that 着物レンタル 蓮-REN provided excellent service with skilled styling and friendly staff. If you ever visit them, be sure to allocate some extra time to explore Sensoji Temple and the nearby shop alleys. 


There is just so much to see and shop for in that area. (Make sure to bring an umbrella along in case of bad weather while walking from the train station to the rental place.)


LOCATION
📍Kimono Rental -REN- (着物レンタル 蓮-REN-)
Japan, 〒111-0032 Tokyo,
Taito City, Asakusa,
1 Chome−39−13 喜多八ビル 2F

If you're interested, you can view their Kimono collection here.


Opening Hours
Daily except Tuesday
10.30am-5.30pm


_________________________________________________________ Book on Trip.com
🔗Use link: Redeem $20 OFF 

Book on Klook 
🔗Use code: FOODWANDERERS to Redeem 5% OFF  

_________________________________________________________

♥ Thanks for reading as always!

Love reading my blog? Check out what's the latest post: Click here to follow me on my Telegram channel!
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form