Places I Found Really Comfortable to Work From Anywhere in Singapore

Working from home is convenient, but sometimes I just need to get out of the house to reset my brain.

Over time, I’ve found quite a few places around Singapore where I can comfortably open my laptop, get some work done, and still enjoy the environment around me. And honestly, they aren't all the usual cafés or co-working spaces.

Some are completely free, some require a small spend, and some are places where you can actually combine work with other things — like eating, relaxing or even meeting people.

Here are some of the places I personally think are worth trying if you're also looking for somewhere to work from anywhere in Singapore.

Tzu Chi Humanistic Youth Centre

My Tzu Chi Humanistic Youth Centre experience

This is one of my favourite hidden gems.

The Tzu Chi Humanistic Youth Centre has a peaceful atmosphere that feels very different from a busy café. There are comfortable spaces, charging points and WiFi, making it quite suitable for spending a longer period working or studying.

What I like most is the environment. It feels intentionally designed for learning and focused activities rather than people constantly coming and going.

If you need somewhere to concentrate without spending money on coffee every couple of hours, this is definitely one I'd keep in mind.

Bubble House

My Bubble House review

This is one of those places I wouldn't immediately think of as a workspace, but it actually works surprisingly well if you're looking for a change of environment.

The atmosphere makes it feel less like you're sitting in a conventional office, so it's a nice option when you want to work but don't want the typical "sit in a café with your laptop" experience.

I especially like places like this when I need to get some work done without feeling like I'm stuck indoors at home.

G Spa

This one is probably the most "workaholic but also know how to relax" option on my list.

I mentioned G Spa in one of my Reel posts before, and what I like is that my entry is for 24 hours, plus they have a room where you can actually work.

Of course, G Spa is much more about relaxation than working. But that's exactly why I find the combination interesting — I can bring my laptop, get some work done, take a break, relax, eat, and then continue again.

Basically, if you're the kind of person who has trouble switching off from work, this lets you do everything in one place.

FairPrice Finest

Here’s another interesting one: inside FairPrice Finest at Clarke Quay, there’s actually a bar area where you can sit down, enjoy a drink and get some work done. 

And yes, there are power sockets too! 

So if you’re looking for somewhere to work while having a drink at the same time, this might actually be quite your thing.

Cafe Yasuragi

Found this cosy Japanese-inspired cafe at Millenia Walk that’s perfect for a slow afternoon, dinner, or just a good chat or work over drinks. 

I’d say late afternoon into the evening is a better time to visit, when it tends to be a little quieter.

The drinks were pretty interesting too! The Banana Matcha Latte comes with burnt caramel over banana, while the Plum Alcohol has a surprisingly fresh, fruity plum taste with barely any alcohol aftertaste. Could be one of those places where you can get some work done while enjoying a good drink too. 

Also, you can sign up on the Cafe Yasuragi app, play the in-app game and you have the opportunity to win 1-for-1 or even FREE dish vouchers! https://yasuragi.app/invite/foodwanderers

MOSS CROSS TOKYO Singapore

This is another one I discovered more as a dining spot, but it turns out to be quite pleasant for getting some work done too.

Most hotel guests are there for breakfast, so after the breakfast crowd clears, the place becomes much quieter and more peaceful.

You can get your drinks here, settle down with your laptop and work in a much more relaxed environment.

And the food is actually worth trying too, so this is one of those places where you can combine work + meal + change of scenery instead of just sitting somewhere purely because you need a power socket.

Beat 1932

This is probably one of the more interesting options if you're open to paying a little for the experience.

You can book an overnight stay for under $50, and their pantry area is actually quite comfortable for working.

But what makes it different from a typical café is the people you might meet there.

Because you're staying in a place with travellers from different parts of the world, there's a chance to chat and meet people — basically, free networking while you're working.

If you're a freelancer, creator or someone who enjoys meeting new people, this can be quite a fun alternative to working alone at home.

I booked mine through the Trip app — here’s the link if you wanna check it out!

Don't Just Think About the National Library

When people talk about working or studying in Singapore libraries, the first place that usually comes to mind is the National Library at Bras Basah.

Yes, it's a classic choice. But there are plenty of other libraries worth exploring too.

Bukit Batok Library

The newly renovated space has a more modern, calming and almost zen-like atmosphere, which I think works really well if you want to spend a few hours focusing. View some pics here. 

HarbourFront Library

This one gets bonus points for the surroundings.

The seaview makes a surprisingly big difference when you're spending hours staring at your laptop. Instead of looking at the same four walls, you can take a break and look outside.

Tampines Regional Library is also one of those that is known for their spacious seating, charging points and laptop-friendly environments.

So don't limit yourself to just the National Library — there are plenty of options around Singapore depending on where you live.

Starbucks Can Actually Be Next Level

Most Starbucks is good for working. But some are cramped, noisy and packed with people. But there are a few outlets that I think are genuinely worth checking out.

Starbucks at Jurong Lake Gardens

The lake view says it all. This is one of those places that feels super conducive for getting work done while enjoying some peace and quiet. The only downside? If it starts raining, you might just be stuck here. 

Starbucks at Chinatown

Another one that I think is surprisingly nice for WFA. If you're already in the area and need somewhere familiar to open your laptop, this is worth considering.

Of course, café crowds can change depending on the time and day, so I'd still pick your timing carefully.

And Yes, Even Changi Airport

If you really don't mind working somewhere unconventional, Changi Airport is another option.

The public areas have plenty of seating, charging opportunities and food options, and some areas are available around the clock.

The airport was also highlighted in my earlier workspace list as one of Singapore's more underrated remote-working locations, particularly for night owls and people who need somewhere outside normal office hours.

So What's My Ideal WFA Spot? 

Honestly, I don't think there's one perfect workspace.

It depends on what I'm doing that day.

Need maximum concentration?
→ Library or Tzu Chi HYC

Want to work + relax?
→ G Spa or Bubble House

Want food + work?
→ MOSS CROSS TOKYO or Cafe Yasuragi or Fairprice Finest Clarke Quay

Want to meet people while working?
→ Beat 1932

Want a change of setting entire day?
→ Bubble House or G Spa

Want something familiar?
→ Selected Starbucks outlets

Need somewhere late at night?
→ Changi Airport or G Spa or Bubble House

For me, the biggest thing isn't just whether a place has WiFi or power sockets. It's whether I can actually feel comfortable staying there for a few hours and get things done.

Singapore has way more WFA-friendly places than just cafés and co-working spaces. Sometimes you just have to look beyond the obvious choices.

So this is just my personal list based on places I’ve discovered and enjoyed. There are definitely many more good ones out there, so feel free to share your recommendations too!

_________________________________________________________

♥ Thanks for reading!

Join my Telegram for more food, travel & lifestyle finds ✨

Learn branding, marketing & content in bite-sized points at IreneKreations 


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form